SSI takes pride in completing exceptional work in both the marine and commercial industry.
Join our team!
Current open positions:
Location: New Orleans
FLSA Category: exempt
Salary: Based on skills and relevant experience
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Director/Controller will provide accounting and financial management and control for SSI, the leader in marine and commercial flooring. Working with the leadership team, the position will use financial data to proactively recommend business decisions, changes, and ideas for the quickly growing company.
- Oversees the operations of accounting functions, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Supervises accounting staff
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Maintains full integrity of all revenues, ensuring organization policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws and regulations, are followed.
- Compiles financial reporting annually, monthly, daily, and as requested including daily Cash Report, multistate daily tax report, monthly profit & loss statements, month and year end reports.
- Ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Identifies and creates efficiencies in current accounting practices.
- Files all payroll reports and processes weekly payments with multi-state processes.
- Upkeeps details for Worker’s Comp., Payroll Tax, and General Liability.
- Maintains depreciation and prepaid accounts.
- Monitors company bank accounts daily.
- Enters transactions and balances general ledger.
- Ensures compliance with accounting procedures.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated trustworthiness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with and interface with executives, subordinates, and external vendors.
- Self-starter that needs little supervision while being forward-looking for the best interests of the company.
- Working knowledge of organization’s applicable financial practices and procedures, as well as a thorough understanding of state and federal rules and regulations.
- Proficient with Dynamics accounting software, Microsoft Office, and standard office and accounting equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar required.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Experience in construction industry accounting preferred.
- Five years of financial and accounting experience with a similar organization.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.